Sunday, August 17, 2008

Central . . . a new phase

Patty and I are in West Valley City (Salt Lake City suburb), Utah, attending the Central Refrigerated Services training academy. We're taking the next step in a transport career, which is to get our Class A CDL's and team up driving a big rig. It's an awesome adventure, and a real challenge at the same time. I'm so proud of Pat. She's a brave, sweet and wonderful woman.

We loved being on the road, contracting for Horizon Transport this summer. But we've been super busy at the academy, and staying in "Cell Block 2" there for the past week, and haven't had internet access. Today we moved to a nice motel, since we're now the "Senior Class." When I got online, I checked our Horizon website and discovered only one unit on the board going from Wakarusa, and very few reloads available. With the carnage in the RV industry, we knew we had to make a move, and we're really glad we did it at this time. I feel so badly for all of the folks whose jobs are being eliminated.

Anyway, on my Facebook page you can check out my pics of our training adventure. I may not be updating this week, because we still have a lot to accomplish . . . and the days are long, with homework every night. But we'll update you as soon as we can!

2 comments:

scraphappy74 said...

I can just picture you two doing your homework together! Sounds like God worked everything out at the right time job wise. We miss and love you both bunches!

walkingcloser said...

dad! you should start blogging again! come on!!! it'll be SO FUN!!!! :)